Director of Marketing
Dr Foster is looking for an experienced Marketing Director to lead, develop and implement Dr Foster’s marketing and brand strategy.
- Lead the brand development of Dr Foster and its positioning as a thought leader in the market
- Lead Dr Foster’s end to end marketing strategy and key supporting initiatives
- Lead, mentor and contribute to the ongoing skills development of the Customer, Marketing and Digital teams
- Demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
Team leadership, strategy & planning
- Lead and execute the development, implementation and delivery of brand and marketing campaigns (both above and below the line); corporate communications and public relations activities to ensure market share growth and positive brand image in the marketplace
- Communicate and ensure understanding of agreed marketing priorities
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of own marketing portfolio and associated expenditure, determining opportunities for improvements in own area and between areas, including awareness of best practice
- Lead, mentor and contribute to the ongoing skills development of the Brand & Marketing team
Communication and problem solving
- Drive and build relationships with key agencies and partners (digital and PR) and manage performance
- Implement structured processes and build ongoing integration, communication and trust with the Sales and Product Development teams
- To actively encourage collaboration and pro-active discussions with internal stakeholders (including technology, product, delivery, operational, and sales teams) and our customers.
- To instigate cross team ideas and initiatives in order to help bind our products and services together.
- Curates data from across new markets, geographies and business models to draw out commercial opportunities
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Key skills and experience
- Significant experience and proven success developing and executing marketing and brand strategic plans
- Understanding of and experience within the Healthcare sector is highly desirable
- Experience working with analytics and a comprehensive understanding of the digital landscape.
- Demonstrable experience in the successful creation and implementation of content delivery and development on digital platforms that engaged consumers
- Develops long term strategic plans leveraging product and service enhancements and new concept initiatives to inform approach
- Proven ability to engage and influence senior business leaders and key stakeholders, as well as work in cross functional teams to deliver outcomes
- Demonstrable analytical problem solving skills, the ability to assess options and identify and implement creative, innovative and flexible solutions
- Demonstrable high level organisation, project management and planning skills
- Established leadership skills to develop talent and mentor a team to deliver the marketing and brand strategy outcomes
- Experience of creating organisational strategies that are aligned with organisational objectives and likely future requirements. Encourages others’ input and communicates expected outcomes from organisational strategies.
- Defines high-level objectives and supports translation into implementation strategies. Operates effectively in an environment of ongoing change and uncertainty and maintains flexibility. Actively ensures stakeholders are kept informed during times of change.
- Commits to achieving key outcomes for the organisation. Demonstrable personal drive, focus and energy.
- Drives a culture of achievement, and fosters a quality focus in the organisation.
Consults broadly to obtain buy-in, recognises when input is required.
- Applies a thorough understanding of recurrent and capital financial terminology, policies and processes to planning, forecasting and budget preparation and management.
- Marketing degree and or an associated post graduate qualification
- Strong Leadership, hands on, professional (yet compassionate) attitude – and leads by example.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage competing demands and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence.