Purpose of the role
The Engineering Manager’s role is to run the development and QA teams to ensure we deliver great quality products to our customers frequently. We require a person that has the enthusiasm to help us improve the way we do agile development, focusing on things such as TDD/ATDD/BDD, coding, unit testing, user story refinement, peer code reviews, test automation, technical mentoring and technical documentation as required. The ideal candidate will have deep understanding of Kanban/Scrum, software testing and QA, and software delivery as well as top notch leadership and stakeholder management skills.
Dr Foster’s Director of Delivery needs an Engineering Manager to join our team and support our engineering and QA teams to work the way that’s best for them and Dr Foster as we grow the company. People are our most important asset, and we need to ensure that they have the right feedback, coaching, and range of experience to find their mastery and be successful at Dr Foster. We are looking for someone with deep technical acumen, solid commercial awareness, and outstanding people management skills to join the existing Technology leadership team during a period of rapid change and growth.
The Engineering Manager’s primary accountabilities will include:
- Managing a team of software engineers and test analysts, including agile coaching and code reviews.
- Driving continuous improvement and providing leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Being responsible for the overall planning, delivery and success of technical projects, including development standards, testing approaches, and role modelling to the rest of the engineering team.
- Working closely with product management teams to ensure best-in-class product development.
- Contributing technically to projects, programmes, and providing technical consultancy to the senior leadership team and potentially Dr Foster’s customers or partners.
The Engineering Manager role requires someone who is happy to be a role model for others, embracing Agile and Continuous Improvement principles, whilst having the flexibility and self-awareness to adjust processes as required for ensuring business value is delivered by the Technology Department consistently. Ideally, over time the Engineering Manager will:
- Deeply understand our people, business and products, helping to make our teams are autonomous, responsible and commercially aware.
- Ensure that the personal and professional development of the engineers and testers in our team is prioritised and effective.
- Contribute to the company-wide culture, always advocating for your people and our values as we grow.
- Conduct regular 1:1s, both with your team and with other parts of the company, in order to give and receive constructive and actionable feedback.
- Help our Director of Delivery and other executives with planning and process improvements.
- Grow our engineering and QA teams by helping to hire outstanding people when required.
- Foster an environment of learning for the team and act as a mentor for the engineers and testers.
- Help with co-ordination and delivery of technical initiatives across the company, acting as a leader outside your own group.
Leadership and Specialist Soft Skills
Candidates should have a depth of broad experience in managing multiple technical teams which include QA/testing resources and that work with Scrum, Kanban and/or other agile practices. People skills are an absolute must – it is far more important to get a candidate who can create high-performing teams than to check all the technical skills boxes
- Proven ability to participate and/or lead in Agile software development projects and ensure business objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Passionate about people management and getting the best out of teams through mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Has deep experience in software development and quality assurance, ideally having led multi-disciplinary teams on long-term projects and engagements.
- Has been formally coached and/or mentored in Lean and Agile.
- Creative approach to problem-solving, with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view and ensuring people are effectively brought along on the journey towards better ways of workin
- Healthcare or related public sector experience, especially in the Commissioning space.
- Has worked in customer or partner facing roles in the past and understands the needs and demands of a sales-led organisation.
- Experience in delivering behavioural change and/or significant business change initiatives for IT enabled initiatives – especially around creating high performance agile teams.
- Agile, project management, change management, ITIL, or other service delivery certifications
Essential – senior to expert level in most of the following areas
Srcum & Kanban (mandatory)
CSS / Less
Web & User security
Design Patterns & SOLID
TDD & BDD (mandatory)
Micro-services architecture (mandatory)
Desirable experience – any level of experience
Gulp & Grunt
Jasmine & Karma
Angular 4.0 / TypeScript