|The primary focus of this role will be to drive revenue growth and new business development with both existing and potential clients of Dr Foster within your defined sales territory.
- Develop and define a growth focussed sales strategy for your region for continued and new business opportunities utilising Dr Fosters suite of products and services to meet and exceed your sales targets
- Grow and diversify revenue streams in your territory through existing and new client relationships and other Dr Foster assets by delivering better outcomes for our core customers
- Demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
It is vital that we work with our current and new healthcare partners to deliver innovative solutions that the sector requires to support evolving commissioning structures, the development of new models of integrated care and the capture and interpretation of data to drive strong healthcare outcomes and value for money.
|Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Achievement of sales targets and key performance indicators as set by the Head of Business Development
- Develop and implement the Dr Foster sales and new business development management strategy for your territory
- Provide regular performance and progress reporting on agreed KPI’s and commercial outputs.
- Drive sales activities, with a focus on growing new client business as well as client retention and recurring revenues, leading to improved sales margins and profit out-turn for targets which are set within a growth focussed business plan.
- Ensure all clients, sponsors and partners have documented contracts in place upon agreement of terms of service.
- Anticipate customer needs and act as a trusted advisor through the provision of efficient, effective and professional service that is consistent with the objectives and values of Dr Foster
- To ensure that tenders are responded to a high standard; though a constant process improvement and learning approach,
- Foster exceptional partnerships with key clients and stakeholders across the healthcare industry with a focus on how Dr Foster can add outstanding value to clients.
- Collaborate cross functionally to enhance the Dr Foster offering and ensure effective quality, communication and service development.
Industry Best Practice
- Represent Telstra Health/Dr Foster as a thought leader, ambassador and industry expert amongst key health and social care leaders.
- Work with Dr Foster partners to expand the reach and appeal of Dr Foster as an analytics specialist in the healthcare industry to maximise commercial value.
|Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
- Significant experience and proven success consistent with the requirements of the role, including the new business development within the healthcare technology supply market; NHS and/or other relevant business partnerships.
- High level ability to deliver budget management and reporting for senior stakeholders.
- Builds and sustains relationships with stakeholders that advance organisational objectives and champions important issues
- Demonstrable superior written communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the commissioning/provider landscape, where the opportunities for business growth lie at a local and national level.
- Significant business development experience, with a superior understanding of the new business sales life cycle.
- Demonstrable interaction with NHS Trust leaders, commissioners, STP and system leaders, government, regulators and any other relevant professional bodies with the outcome of fully understanding the direction of travel in health and social care.
- Evidence of multiple successes in working through and contracting for solutions that address customer challenges.
- Demonstrable track record as an outstanding sales professional in a healthcare technology and B2B environment, with the experience and personal gravitas to play a key role with strategic partners and customers.
- Demonstrated experience using pipeline metrics, win/conversion rates, etc. to diagnose and improve the health of the sales operation and using strategic selling methodologies to ensure optimal sales campaigns are built for their bigger deals.
- Openly questions established approaches and conventional wisdom and acts on opportunities for change. Ensures systems are in place to support staff in adjusting to change.
- Approaches negotiations with a strong grasp of the key issues. Anticipates, acknowledges and addresses disagreements to facilitate mutually beneficial solutions. Demonstrates long-term, complex and multi- phased plans to influence others. Focuses on the desired objectives and ensures negotiations remain on track.
- Consults broadly to obtain buy-in, recognises when input
is required. Builds a culture of respect and understanding across the organisation. Communicates the importance of consultation
with others. Personally manifests strong interpersonal relations across the organisation and rewards cooperative and collaborative behaviour. Anticipates and resolves conflict.
- Quickly and easily reads the environment and cues from others to assess when and how to change planned approaches. Uses a variety of influencing approaches tailored to different clients, stakeholders and stakeholder groups. Displays empathy and listens carefully to others and checks to ensure their views have been understood.
- Drives a culture that values diversity and inclusiveness.
- Post graduate qualifications and/or industry recognition in the field of commercial sales/ marketing and/or health asset management.
- A passion for healthcare analytics within a background that includes selling added value solutions from proof of concept to full implementation.
- A current and valid Driver’s licence is required.
- Sufficient personal mobility/flexibility to ensure time is spent as needed anywhere in the UK or abroad, whether with customers, sales teams of management colleagues.