|Background to Dr Foster
|Dr Foster works with healthcare organisations to achieve sustainable improvements in their performance through better use of data. We are the leading provider of healthcare analysis and clinical benchmarking solutions worldwide: our specialist teams share their world class expertise with healthcare leaders in hundreds of leading hospitals and commissioning organisations. Dr Foster is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telstra Health.
|Purpose of the role
- To support and maintain the company IT systems including desktop provision, network infrastructure, and associated software and business applications.
- To provide, maintain and continually improve a stable IT environment for all users, to meet and exceed user and business needs. A great number of our users work remotely.
- Provide technical support and input to projects, specifically office and data centre moves.
- Demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
|Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Assist IT Team Lead with planning and executing key major projects including; relocation of two data centres, and an office move.
- Liaise with Service Desk to ensure the timely resolution of user raised work requests relating to the Network and Systems in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
- Mentor and support for the IT Support Analysts with escalated queries
- To undertake 2nd line support, 1st line support will be required from time to time.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the LAN and WAN infrastructure including trouble shooting and rectification of networking problems.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the phone system including user’s handsets and mobile devices.
- Monitoring network health, performance, utilisation and capacity.
- Administration and maintenance of mission critical web and database servers. (Predominantly Microsoft, VMware and some Linux) hosted at both the company’s head office and London data centres.
- Administration of Office 365, DNS and Active Directory.
- Configuration and set-up of all new server systems required either internally for the company’s activities or for external clients.
- Maintenance of existing Anti-Spam and anti-virus systems and the setting of new Anti-Spam policies, also includes endpoint encryption and USB port control.
- Basic operational support for internal employee computer systems mostly Windows 10/2008/2012 R2/2016 and a small number of Linux Servers.
- Administration of server backups (utilising BackupExec) ensuring we have the necessary backups on a daily basis and troubleshoot any problem areas.
- Firewall administration and overall internal network security.
- Out of hours maintenance work may be required when the needs arise, which may include updates/patches/commissioning new services etc.
|Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
- At least 5 Years’ experience in the IT Sector.
- Good working knowledge of the following operating systems: – Windows 2008/2012/2016
- Good working knowledge of AD, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
- Office365 administration, support and implementation experience
- Good working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and computer hardware components.
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of IT hardware and software.
- Good working knowledge with various types of storage including SAN technology.
- Server software and hardware builds.
- Extensive knowledge of disaster recovery procedures and business continuity planning.
- Well-developed clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Sound organisation skills, self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and work without hands on leadership, the ability to prioritise according to demands
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of customer service
- Graduate qualifications and/or industry recognition in the field of information technology
- Experience project managing office and data centre moves
- Experience of administering Linux systems
- MCSE / MCSA, CCNA and ITL Certification
- Experience in Cisco Routing & Switching in a Data Centre environment
- Experience of Cisco VPN & Firewall configurations
- Experience of WAN/LAN technologies
- Experience of VMware (6.5) and other virtualisation technologies
- Experience of administering SQL server.
- Knowledge of IP telephony
- Experience of administering Cisco network equipment
- Knowledge of disk storage systems, DAS, NAS and SAN (particularly Nimble)
- Experience of IMAC (Installations, Moves and Change) based projects.
• Sufficient personal mobility/flexibility to ensure time is spent as needed at sites including Nottingham, London, Bluefin, Imperial College and Old Street.