The Hospital Guide 2013
6 December 2013Download PDF
The Hospital Guide is as an independent assessment of NHS hospitals highlighting variations in care and celebrating success within the NHS.
There are three components to the 2013 Hospital Guide:
- A downloadable booklet that explains everything we have measured and our main findings.
- A series of four posters that explain what the analysis shows that can be displayed in hospitals to celebrate good care and encourage improvement or review.
- Information about each individual NHS hospital trust and clinical commissioning group and our methodologies can be found on our website myhospitalguide.com
We looked at four areas of focus in the guide:
- How financial austerity is affecting the way we spend money on hospital treatment.
- The impact of drug and alcohol problems on patients and hospitals.
- The quality of care at weekends.
- Measuring hospital mortality.
We have also published the findings of a survey of over 5,600 NHS hospital doctors carried out by Doctors.net.uk on topics that fit into the overall themes in the guide. You can find the results on page 26 of the booklet downloadable from this page.