Purpose of the role
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager to provide accurate reported data, analysis, planning, forecasting, and accounting to enable Dr Foster to meet its internal and external reporting obligations, within the business overarching accounting and regulatory environment
- Provide support for assigned accounting functions.
- Assistance with the end to end accounting life cycle.
- Assisting in preparation of detailed monthly management accounts.
- Perform tasks within the prescribed process (e.g. reconciliation of accounts, reviewing balance sheets, profit and loss and cash flow statements) and escalate unanticipated variations for approval
- Provide quality advice based on technical knowledge.
- Deliver required outputs in full and on time, and in compliance with accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Preparation of monthly accruals schedule ensuring all the costs are taken into account before closing the month.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation at the end of every month.
- Monthly reconciliation / reporting of timesheet and project data.
- Detailed cost analysis as required.
- Assist with preparation of budget & forecast schedules as required.
- Assist with the year-end audits by producing an audit file & supporting schedules.
- Assist the AP officer with invoicing and maintaining accounts receivable ledgers and ensuring payments from customers are received in a timely manner.
- Provide support for project accounting work, partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to budgets and financial governance.
- Any other analysis or ad-hoc reporting as required.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience supporting a small to medium sized business in the delivery of the end to end financial and management accounting life cycle.
- Qualified or near completion of ACCA/CIMA/AAT.
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills and ideally experience in using SAGE.
- Accurately carries out basic accounting functions in line with accounting standards, legislation and reporting frameworks.
- Performs basic financial data analysis and collates information for stakeholders.
- Prepares financial statements and reports to inform the business of financial performance.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders to understand their business issues.
- Solves problems with and for internal customers using a range of tools and communication methods.
- Identifies business issues/opportunities within own area, and raises them through appropriate channels for consideration.
- Understands and clearly articulates accountabilities for own work.
- Conducts financial analysis to produce scenarios and reports for decision making, and to identify the key causes of business variance.
- Reviews reports for completeness and thoroughness.
- Demonstrable high level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence and educate others.
- Team focussed, with the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Drives a culture of achievement, and fosters a quality focus in the organisation.
- Applies a thorough understanding of recurrent and capital financial terminology, policies and processes to planning, forecasting and budget preparation and management.
Key Internal Stakeholders Key External Stakeholders
- Finance, Legal and HR
- Cost Centre Managers
- Telstra Health, Telstra UK and Telstra Corporate
Key External Stakeholders
- Client Accounts Payable Teams
- Regulatory Authorities