Purpose of the role
A Head of Analytics leads the Analytics team and takes the responsibility of the quality and timeliness of customer project deliveries and internal research and development produced by the Analytics team, which aim to enable healthcare organisations to make better decisions that improve the quality and efficiency of care for patients.
A Head of Analytics is responsible for the team’s development including external recruitment and internal progression of the members in the Analytics team. A Head of Analytics is also responsible for representing the Analytics team and occasionally the company in various internal and external meetings in order to present Analytical projects or assess and develop new project opportunities. A Head of Analytics is an analytical technical authority within the Analytics team and provides continuous support and advice on technical projects for other members within the team.
- Leadership of the Analytics team and line management of Lead Research Analysts, including performance management and evaluation, regular 1-to-1 meetings to discuss workload and personal development
- Development of the Analytics team, including recruitment to fill the vacancies, supervising induction programme for new team members, and driving training and development of technical skills within the team
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of the project deliveries, resource management, technical support for team members and communication of the progress to the Senior Leadership Team
- Providing support and advice to the Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of the organisation’s strategy and objectives
- Managing day-to-day operations in the Analytics team alongside Lead Research Analysts, including prioritisation, project assignment, project pipeline, workload management, and risk management
- Providing technical leadership and support to other team members through organised training sessions, ad hoc project advice and support on making technical decisions
- Building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally in order to facilitate Analytics’ involvement with projects across all business areas and development of new analytical project opportunities
- Assessing new healthcare data sets and analytical propositions, and contributing to business development through writing tender responses or attendance at external meetings
- Being accountable for the quality of the analytical deliveries and conducting and managing the quality assurance of the outputs produced by the Analytics team
- Representing the Analytics team in various internal and external meetings to either present project work or provide analytical advice
- Ensuring knowledge and experience is shared within the team and the wider business
- Driving the ideas generation for research and development work within the Analytics team
- Showing initiative in implementing improvements to products and processes within the business
- Further developing domain knowledge in healthcare and expertise in data sets and analytical methods used in the industry
- Further developing technical skills, including analytical software and advanced analytical methods
How to Apply
To apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation to DFRecruitment@health.telstra.com.