The primary focus of this role will be to Demonstrate commitment to, embrace and evangelise our company’s values, which are: Working Better Together, Showing You Care, Making the Complex Simple, Trusting Each Other to Deliver, and Finding Your Courage.
A Research Analyst analyses and interprets healthcare data to enable healthcare organisations to make better decisions that improve the quality and efficiency of care for patients.
A Research Analyst works as part of the Analytics team, scoping internal and external research questions as they arise, designing and executing statistical analyses, exploring and evaluating new datasets, and developing new metrics and algorithms.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
A Research Analyst works on projects with support from other team members whilst learning key technical skills and building their understanding of core healthcare datasets.
A Research Analyst is responsible for:
- Analysing large patient-level datasets to inform healthcare organisations on the quality and efficiency of their services
- Providing expert analytical advice to customers and internal teams
- Developing high quality outputs for customers, including reports, dashboards, algorithms and presentations
- Developing expert knowledge of the core datasets and analytical methods used routinely within the business
- Contributing to the development and interpretation of analytical methodologies including predictive risk modelling
- Contributing to the assessment if new datasets or propositions have the potential to deliver actionable insight for customer
- Building relationships internally and externally, gaining experience of working on cross-team projects within the business and working together with NHS customers including clinicians
- Developing strong domain knowledge in healthcare
- Developing analytical skills and proficiency in programming languages such as SQL and R
- Upholding the exacting standards of the Analytics team by contributing to the quality assurance of outputs
Knowledge and Skills Required
(To effectively perform the role, the position holder must have the following skills, experience, qualification)
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, epidemiology, economics) or a scientific discipline with demonstration of excellent analytical skills
- Strong interest in healthcare
- Analytically minded, logical and precise, with excellent attention to detail
- Willing to work within a highly collaborative team, learn from others and share own knowledge
- Able to communicate ideas and findings clearly, whether speaking, writing or presenting
- Flexible to work on different types of projects, often simultaneously, whether carrying out research or providing analytical services to support clients’ commercial objectives
- Highly motivated to continuously learn and take on new challenges
- Honest and reliable, taking responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project work
- Ability to rapidly learn new software and technologies
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Clinical background
- Experience in an analytical role in the healthcare industry
- Experience working with healthcare datasets (e.g. HES, SUS, Primary Care data)
- Understanding of the workings and structure of the NHS
- Understanding of advanced statistical techniques (e.g. regression modelling, machine learning)
- Experience in using Microsoft SQL server
- Experience with programming languages such as R or Python
- Experience using data visualisation software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, Excel)
- Customer-facing experience
To apply for this role please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectation to DFRecruitment@health.telstra.com.